Last updated on:
Making PUBG Run Better
If you look for ways to enhance your gameplay in PUBG, you will need some Frames Per Second (FPS) tips. Of course, many alterations are time-consuming. However, they are worth the result you expect.
Understanding Frames Per Second
Shortly referred to as FPS, it is the essential technical consideration for game makers. In general, the welcoming FPS for video games ranges between 30 and 60.
When your FPS is more than 100, it is highly optimal if you look for professional gameplay in PUBG. So, we are here to share some useful tips to increase your FPS. In turn, you can get an improvement in the overall gaming experience in PUBG.
However, we wish you to remember one thing here. The PC of each individual is different.
So, some of the tips given below might work for you, while some may not:
Steps for Improving FPS
As you intend to make PUBG run better in your PC, here are the steps you can follow to improve FPS:
- Go to the regular settings of your system.
- Here, adjust the power settings to “High Performance”.
- If you have one, make sure that the graphics card setting is kept at the optimal.
To increase your FPS, modify your steam launch options. To do this:
- Open your system library
- Look to the game and then, right-click on it.
- Go to properties and then identify the Steam Launch Options.
- In the field that you find, copy and paste the following command:
-malloc=system +mat_antialias 0 window -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4
- Once you do this, go to the settings on the game. Open the file explorer and look for %appdata%.
- Once you reach the place, look to Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowNoEditor.
- Here, you will find many files with the .ini extension. You will have to edit them.
The next thing you will have to do is to make visual adjustments. But, the thing you will have to remember here is that you should not overlook the actual gameplay settings.
Making some changes in the visual modifications can make a considerable effect on your FPS. To do this:
- You will have to get to the main menu.
- You can find this menu at the top right corner of your screen. Here, look for the gear icon.
- Once you find the icon, you should be able to see the graphics menu as well, where you can change the settings.
- You can adjust brightness, resolution and many other visual quality features.
What Should be Turned Down?
To get the best FPS, in addition to gearing up certain things, you will also have to turn-down certain things. Here is the list of things to do:
- V-Sync: If you have a good computer, you need not have to get near V-Sync. But, if your system is not-so-good, you will have to turn V-Sync down.
- Motion Blur: Some people think that the motion blur brings a better gaming experience for them. But, if you are not such a person, you can surely turn down the motion blur.
- Foliage: Irrespective of the resolution and other values of your PC, it is better to go for minimum foliage. It will not boost the performance of your PC. But it will bring you some tactical benefits. If your PC has less foliage, you can reduce the chances of other players blending in.
- Effects: In case you find that the Graphics Processing Unit in your PC cannot handle PUBG well, the best thing you can do is to turn the effects to the very least level. However, it will reduce the quality of effects in your gaming as well.
- Texture: If you have a lower-end PC, you can turn the texture to medium.
- View Distance: This will not be an issue if you have a lower-end PC. But, if you find that it does not help in an 8x scope, it is better to turn it down on your PC.
- Shadows: You can keep the shadows as low as possible. However, if you fear to fall into campers, you can just keep it at the medium level.
- Post-processing: This is responsible for just adding a bit more graphics to plants and buildings. You can keep it at a very low point.
- Screen scale: If you own a low-end PC, you can keep the screen scale at the least 90.
- Anti-Aliasing: You can turn this down to least low or to a minimum level
Have you done anything earlier to make PUBG run better on your PC? Share your thoughts here.