Last updated on:
Playing 8 Ball Pool on iMessage
Of course, you might have reached this place just because you know about both. However, for some readers, these two terms might be new. Let us gather some details about both.
You might have seen and even used many instant messaging services. iMessage is such an instant messenger service that was created by Apple Incorporation.
It was launched by this tech giant in the year 2011. It gets support from the Messages App in iOS 5. It is also compatible with the operating system released after 5 and edition OS X Mountain Lion and those released after it.
What is 8 Ball Pool?
This game is played on a pool table with six pockets. Beginners are not aware of other pool games. So, they believe that the term pool itself refers to the eight ball game.
But, in reality, the game has different variations. The variations generally show up based on the region from which you play. The standard eight-ball is the second most competitive professional pool game followed by a nine-ball game.
The goal of this simple game is just to hit the ball into the pocket. The ability to play games in iMessage is the new feature of the iOS operating system, particularly iOS10.
What to Know About GamePigeon?
As you wish to play 8 Ball Pool on iMessage, you should know about GamePigeon. This is one of the iMessage apps that will permit you to play not just 8 Ball Pool, but also many other games with your friends.
The Objective of 8 Ball Pool Game
You might be aware that this game is played with a clue 15 object balls. When you play this game, you will have to pocket the balls of the group numbered 1 through 7.
Also, your opponent will have balls from 9 to 15 to pocket. To win the game, you should be the player to pocket the group of balls first. Otherwise, you should pocket the ball number 8 before the other player.
Here are some tips on how to play 8 Ball Pool on iMessage by installing the GamePigeon App.
How to Install the GamePigeon App?
The 8 Ball Pool game comes included in a pack of 14 games known as GamePigeon. Now, it is offered exclusively to iOS 10 and the iMessage App Store. This does not install like a standard application.
So, here is the process involved:
- Initially, you will have to open an active thread in iMessage and should tap the small icon using your keyboard.
- You should be able to see an icon that looks just like the App Store. You can find it right close to where you had typed a message. A menu will open up when you tap this icon.
- In the bottom left, you will find an icon that looks like a combination of four dots. This is referred to as the App Drawer.
- When you tap it, it will show the list of iMessage Apps that you have on your device. For this guide, hit the + sign that has been labeled as Store.
- The store will open, and you should be in a position to tap the small magnifying glass search icon for typing. Here type “GamePigeon.” It should show up as a game controller icon.
- This setup looks similar to the Standard App Store. It is a free download, and so the button should see the term “Get.” When you tap it, it will be added to your iMessage.
How to Play the Game?
- As mentioned through the steps above, go to the App Drawer. Here, you will now be able to see the GamePigeon Option. Choose it and select 8-ball.
- From there, you will get a message with a triangular play icon. Once you tap it, you will be able to move.
- After even turn, tap the V-shaped button that you will find in the top right to reduce the gameplay screen. Similar to how you send a text message, send it, and your friend can reply in the same way.
- The process will go on until the match comes to an end.
Tips to Play 8 Ball Pool
As mentioned earlier, the 8 Ball Pool is a simple game. The fundamentals are easy to understand, and an indicator on the screen of this game will show if you are solids or stripes.
Using the white ball as the base, you will have to hit all your balls in the corners of the board. Even though it is a game that is easy to understand, it will not be an overstatement to say that it is tough to master this game.
Here are some tips to help you progress in this game:
- Similar to any specialization, practicing will help you improve on this game. So, the more you play, the more you will specialize.
- Remember not to hit the white ball to the pocket. When you do this, you will be fined.
- When you get bored out of the pool game, do not continue playing it. Just get out of the game, and there are other alternatives in GamePigeon for you to try.
- Remember that this game is all about finesse. Also, remember that power is not everything in this game. When you pull back to take a shot, you will be allured to fill the power meter that shows up. But do not do it. The reason is that, at instances, lighter shots can have a higher chance of taking your balls to the pockets.
- If the game progresses for long, there are chances that you might forget from which side of the board you are playing. So, when you play this game, make a physical or even mental note about the side from which you play.
- GamePigeon needs iOS 10 or higher. So, if your device is not updated, you might face malfunctioning. When this happens, go to the settings tab and then general and then check whether the software is updated. Otherwise, do it from Apple.
What do you feel about 8 Ball Pool game? Share your thoughts here.