Last updated on:
Do you need to uninstall Fortnite? Fortnite is a big game and consumes much of your system space. Now, what if you need to save a vital business file which is the same space consuming?
You will undoubtedly give more preference to your professional obligations. In such situations, it will be better to uninstall Fortnite for a while. But, how to uninstall Fortnite?
The process of uninstallation of Fortnite varies from one device to another. For example, the uninstallation procedure is different in iPhone than that in a Windows PC. But, irrespective of the device, Fortnite uninstallation is relatively easy and straightforward. The post below offers tips on Fortnite uninstallation.
Uninstalling Fortnite on iPad & iPhone
- Go to the Fortnite game icon on your iOS device.
- Tap on the app & hold on.
- An “X” (cross) symbol will appear at the upper left side of the Fortnite icon. Click on it. Then, click on “Delete” to confirm the uninstallation.
Uninstalling Fortnite on Windows 10 PC
- Press on Windows button right on your keyboard or device. You can also select the Windows symbol from the lower-left part of your home screen.
- Select “All Apps.” Then, look for Fortnite on the list.
- Right-click with the mouse on Fortnite game title.
- Next, select the “Uninstall” option.
- You will get a series of steps to uninstall Fortnite on your Windows PC. Follow them as mentioned.
Uninstalling Fortnite on PS4
- Go to Fortnite icon on your PS4. You will find it either in the PS4 library or in your main menu.
- Highlight the Fortnite icon.
- Press on “Options” tab on the controller.
- Scroll down till “Delete” tab. Click on it.
- If you are sure you want to uninstall the Fortnite game, click on “OK.”
Uninstalling Fortnite from PS4 system storage
In case you are looking to create more free space in your device system, you will need to delete Fortnite from your system storage. Here are the steps to be followed.
- Go to “Settings” on the home screen.
- Go to “Storage” and click on it.
- Click on “System Storage.” In case an external drive has been attached to the PS4 device, and you have the game there, click on “Extended Settings.”
- Go to “Applications” and click on it.
- Press on options on the controller and click on “Delete” tab.
- Select Fortnite from the game list. You can also choose to delete other games simultaneously. You will need to check next to their names
- Click on “Delete” and then press on “OK.”
Uninstalling Fortnite on Xbox
- Go to “My Games & Apps” from the Xbox dashboard on the home screen.
- Find Fortnite from the list. Highlight the game and press on the Menu tab on your Xbox controller.
- Click on “Manage Game.”
- Go to “Uninstall All” and click on it. And you are done.
However, it’s to note here, deletion of the Fortnite game from your device, won’t cancel your Fortnite account.
In case you want to free up space in your phone or PC for a while, you can uninstall the game and then install it later.
You won’t need to delete your Fortnite account here. But if you want to delete your Fortnite account altogether, you will have to go the customer care forum of Epic Games.
You will have to fill up an email contact form where you can elaborate your intention to delete your Fortnite account.